Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sound X 5 Feb 8th

Today’s sound X was an unexpected one. I received a call from an old acquaintance named Fieke. He is a drummer that played internationally for 10 years, sang and traveled since his 11th birthday. He studied percussion in London and also in Enschede Holland. Fieke has played professionally and toured with the UK and US bands like Daniel Bedingfield and others. He’s now a freelance musician and a music therapist. I received a call from Feike a few days ago and he told me of a student of his whom is an exceptional bass player named Evan and wanted to come over to Blue Star to “plug in” and see what we have. I thought it would be a good idea and the next sound X transpired effortlessly and with much fresh enthusiasm. I found the beats to be easy to play didgeridoo and flutes to and Evans bass lines reminded me a bit of a young Trent Rezner or The original Shriek Back bassist Dave Allen. Paste and click this link for example
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPSQurIKoY
His style was edgy and prolific and it was awesome to play with this young budding talent. I hope to explore more sounds with this dynamic duo. Thanks you guys for the music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home